Wonderful Wednesday 52

11 April 2018


The first full week back to normality and it's so difficult - I thought last week's two day week was long enough, that was nothing at all! Thank goodness for an opportunity to focus on some good things, which was even more therapeutic than usual this week, including:

****

♥ Our first (non-family) visitor... Our friend B came to visit this weekend and it was so exciting to be able to show off our new home and the little town that we're now living in! It unfortunately wasn't looking its best in the dreary weather but at least some of Saturday was dry, enabling us to explore the town spotting some little signs of spring (like the magnolia tree below which is almost blooming), stop for a little drink in a cosy pub and pick up some snacks for the evening. We then headed back to our house to give him the royal tour and set up our bird feeder (discussed further below!) With the weather being so dreadful, it was actually super cosy to then be able to batten down the hatches, drink red wine and watch movies. Now *that's* how to do a dreary Saturday right!

♥ Anemones... I love these fragile-looking flowers, with their ruff of foliages balanced atop a surprisingly robust stems. I always seem to miss out on picking any up because blink and you'll miss them in the shops. But this weekend I popped out looking for some gorgeous blooms to replace my flagging tulips and was so excited to spot the last bunch in our local supermarket. They're so beautiful!

♥ Birds... I think I mentioned before we even moved in but I was very excited at the prospect of getting a bird feeder for our little garden as there seem to be heaps of wee birds around, and I was so aware over the past few really cold and snowy months how important it is to make sure there's food around for birds at this time of year in particular. This weekend we picked up a bird feeder and some peanuts to fill it with and hung it from one of the trees in the garden. It then proceeded to rain for the rest of the weekend so there were limited birds flying around but I've already spotted one or two having a tentative peck. Go go gadget birdwatching!

♥ First Aid training... A slightly tenuous good thing (!) but last Thursday evening, I was home alone and I dropped a heavy glass and metal pan lid on my foot. Oh my goodness the pain! I nearly fainted with the pain and at first, just sat down and put my head in my hands which didn't help at all. I've been on a first aid training course at work and thankfully that kicked in quickly so I did what you should do if you're feeling faint - lay down on the floor and propped my legs up. After a few minutes, I was feeling a whole lot better although my foot was still throbbing. It thankfully isn't broken, just bruised. Now, if there was a course for clumsiness I'd be straight on that. First aid classes for all though - I recommend them so much!

♥ Countryfile... There was something odd about our last flat - despite being a hilly area, it was so difficult to get a TV signal. We're now connected again so able to watch TV in real time, which means Countryfile on a Sunday evening! Is there anything more comforting?! This was shortly before the new Sunday night Agatha Christie on the BBC - one more episode to go and I still can't work out who's responsible. Is anyone else watching it?!

♥ Monday lunchings... LT and I had put a date in the diary a week or so back to grab lunch on Monday and it was just what I needed to kickstart my week, and get me through a particularly trying day... Why does an hour fly by when you're catching up with a friend? More lunchtime catch-ups I think and a really wonderful excuse to get away from my desk, which shamefully I don't usually do, and it makes such a difference to step away even for a short while. 


♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJoSamKerri, LauraSarahPetaElLauraMimmiMartinaLynseyKatie and Em (I think that's everyone - shout at me if you're not on the list!) - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

3 comments

  1. Oh Cat what a lovely list! Yay to the bird feeder, I hope you get lots of lovely birdy-friends visiting you soon. Thank goodness for your first aid training! I always insist on going on a first aid training every year to refresh everything I've learned. It's so easily forgotten!

    I hope you have a lovely rest of the week,
    Peta

    www.pe-ta.com

    P.S Those flowers are bloomin' gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone should feed the birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely little list of wonderfulness! My Aunty who I usually stay with whenever I visit London has a bird feeder in her garden and she gets *hundreds* of parakeets - bright green birds that I'd never expect to see in London! So I think a bird feeder is a lovely addition to a garden.

    Ouch, your poor foot! It was good that you knew what to do I would of just been a giant baby and thrown a tantrum! Hope it feels better xx

    Lynsey || One More Slice


    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.